Sunday, January 29, 2012

A 9 Mile Day...

This morning I was able to get out and run 9 miles!  It really did feel good.  Getting that one calf to finally loosen up helped a lot.

But as I'm sure you all know, you never really feel the soreness and pain from a run directly after the run. Unless there's an injury or a tight muscle, I normally feel pretty good after my runs.  On runs like today, I actually have to stop myself from running more, which is a pretty amazing feeling to have.


And then usually the soreness hits.  Yet today, it wasn't nearly as bad.  I give credit to the fact I had to work and thus I was standing up and constantly moving.  I was able to work all that lactic acid out of my legs and while they did get tight for a bit, they also loosened up.

I honestly don't think I've felt this great after a long run in a long time... if ever.  So now I guess it's a good thing to work after I have long runs?

No comments:

Post a Comment