Sunday, January 29, 2012

11 Random Things

So I just got back from a long run, sat down to relax and enjoy a nice bowl of yummy fruit when I noticed this chain-blog topic on My Dirt Road Anthem.  So here goes my turn at it:

The Rules:
1. Post these rules
2. You must post 11 random things about yourself
3. Answer the questions set for you in their post
4. Create 11 new questions for the people you tag to answer
5. Go to their blog and tell them you’ve tagged them
6. No stuff in the tagging section about you are tagged if you are reading this. You legitimately have to tag 11 people!



So the random things about me


1) While in college, my academic counselors told me I should be majoring in a liberal art or anthropology... I ended up with a Zoology degree.  In their defense, my best grades were in classes with a writing element and I also finished with a Professional Writing minor.


2) Some of my running gear has come from my dad.  He used to be a cyclist and while he can't wear some of his stuff anymore, I can and I love to run in it.  Actually, my favorite running shirt is his old long sleeved red jersey.






3) I was told when I was 13 I had a knee condition and I would never be able to run or swim breaststroke without getting knee surgery.  Within the next year, I was competing in triathlons, but I never did end up swimming the breaststroke.


4) My first trip to Disney World was when I was 5 and I was terrified by the SciFi dine in theatre... I now work at Disney World and I have yet to go back to the SciFi diner... I have tried, there was just too long of a wait when I went.


5) I've always loved working with animals in on way or another.  I started with horses and dogs, then moved to marine mammals (mainly sea lions) in college, and now I get to help with dolphins and manatees at work.  As my dad says, there's not too many people who actually get to do what they said they would when they were 5, but I am.


6) My new favorite show on TV is Once Upon A Time... I absolutely love it!


7) My favorite work and walking shoes are Reebok's Easy Tones.  I don't really know why, but they've always helped my knees.




8) I was able to see Mary Poppins with the original London Cast when it was in Los Angeles last year. It was also the last outing I had with my grandmother so that night and the play are even more special to me now.


9) One of my life goals is to write and publish a book.  I have so many ideas, but it seems like I can't actually get them on a page.


10) I do miss my California life.  I miss being able to throw my board in my truck and go to the beach or have plenty of sidewalks to run on.  Most of all, I miss my friends and family that are all in California.  Without the current technology of cell phones, video calls, and the internet, I don't think I would have been able to make this move from California to Florida.


11) If I wasn't where I was now, working in conservation education, running, and living in Florida, I honestly don't know where I would be or what I would be doing.  I feel like I'm in the right place and to me, that makes any other option... well, not an option.


So there are my 11 random things about myself.  To answer the 11 question Christy had in her post:
1. Would you rather run in rain or heavy winds? Rain, definitely rain.
2. Coffee or tea? Depends on the time of day... coffee in the morning and tea the rest of the day.
3. Are you obsessed with Lululemon too even though they are overpriced? I'm a reebok fan :) There's a reebok outlet near me so I can get some of their gear pretty cheap too!4. Ever been outside the US? Yes!  Ireland!
5. What is your dream location? I really want to go back to Ireland.
6. Favorite song right now? "I Don't Want This Night To End" -Luke Bryan
7. One thing you hate about running? How much it costs to sign up for races.
8. Favorite book of all time? Anything Jane Austen, but probably Pride and Prejudice
9. Can you swim or are you a doggie paddler like me? I was a competitive swimmer and I hope I haven't lost my basic technique...
10. Do you burn candles with wicks or prefer the wickless ones like Scentsy? Don't usually, but I like candles every once and a while.
11.  Favorite candy? Anything with Chocolate... goes between Twix and M&Ms usually



My Questions for you guys:
1)What time of day is your favorite to run?
2) What's your favorite race?
3) Where would you like to travel to?
4) When it's time to relax, what do you do?
5) What's your favorite fruit?
6) What's your food weakness?
7) What's your favorite tv show?
8) What's your favorite book currently?
9) What was the last movie you saw in theaters?
10) 
11)


Alright, so I'm not going to tag anyone, but I'd love for some of you to at least think about what you would write.  If you do, do this let me know!

1 comment:

  1. It is time to relax, I read and drink a cup of tea.
    Favorite fruit is the apple. I eat one nearly every day.

    Last movie I saw in theaters was Kung Fu Panda 2

    i would love to go to Ireland someday, it is on my bucket list.

    So glad you tagged yourself :)

    ReplyDelete