Monday, June 20, 2011

Two Days In A Row!

So I ran two days in a row, yes that's twice in two days and typically more frequent than I usually like.  I like having a day or so to let my legs rest and as I've said before that's usually when I'll do one of my DVD workouts.  However, since I fly out to Florida tomorrow, I've decided to run today as well.

Neither run was very long.  Yesterday's was just over 2.5 miles and today's run was only 2 miles.  However, today's hurt.

Some background: I have 2 pairs of running shoes I alternate for practices.  I originally did it to increase the lifespan of my good ones (so I'm not always wearing them), but I was also told it allows my feet to land in various places if I have 2 different shoes.  Both of my shoes are Nike's, but one is more padded than the other.  The padded one I love (I've had a few generations of it) and I also use a high arc support in it.  The other one is good, it wraps around my foot almost like a glove, but has less padding.

What I've discovered is that my second shoe just isn't great for me.  I'm sure it works wonderfully for others, but for me, not so much.  I usually start feeling shin splints after it or it makes some of my leg muscles more sore/painful than they normally would be.  Since being home and around hills, this problem has only increased.  I've finally come to the conclusion that I won't be wearing the second shoes for running.  I will be using them for other workouts and possibly some walking.  I do plan on looking for a second pair of running shoes again, but I plan to make sure they are more like my original shoes.

Looking into the future, at least for the next few days, I'm honestly not sure when I'll be able to run again.  I'm flying to Florida for my internship tomorrow and the training starts on Thursday.  So far the emails from my managers make the training sound pretty intense, but I should be able to find some time to run... I just might be running on a treadmill or (preferably) an elliptical for a while.

No comments:

Post a Comment