Friday, June 24, 2011

Moving- A Workout of its Own

Currently, I'm looking out the window as the clouds roll by and the occasional person walks out to their car.  I have officially moved in and started my internship with Disney.  Due to all of the excitement in the last few days, the last time I ran was Wednesday and was only about 2 miles.

Remember- I'm from the west coast and I am completely not used to humidity.  I was originally planning to do more, but the humidity had me stopping at 2.  The biggest thing I noticed was at the my breaths were so heavy... I don't know if I'm getting out of shape, it was me warming up, or if it was the humidity.  I guess I'll have to run again soon to either get back in shape or get used to running in humidity.

However, I have not been completely lazy these last few days.  The last few days offered their own workout.  It's called lugging my luggage, few things that were packed in the car, and groceries up to my 3rd floor apartment.  In the 2 days I've lived here, I have felt those stairs at least once each day.  I've made so many trips up and down those stairs that I'm resting for the rest of the day.

I do plan on getting a run in soon... however I do have early mornings until Tuesday it looks like.  I guess my running won't be so regular anymore, but that's part of having a professional life- working around work schedules.  My manager says a lot of people run during their lunch break so I might have to suck it up and run in the heat and humidity (and follow it up with guzzling down a ton of water).  Hopefully I'll figure out a routine so my training doesn't take such a hit.

So it's not really a secret that I'm a fan of Jillian Michael's training videos.  Well, guess what I found today?  They have packaged weights, yoga mats, and whatever else she uses together.  I picked up the one with a yoga mat and 3 pound weights which apparently goes with 30 Day Shred.  It's just so convenient and it was under $20 at Walmart!

Tomorrow will be a lot of walking, but I've started to feel that itch to get some sort of workout down.  I was thinking about going to the gym today, but unfortunately finishing the move in process (somewhat) has gotten in the way.  So tomorrow... I will do a workout... I promise!

Remember how I said I was watching the cloud outside?  Ya... it's raining now.  The 3:00 showers are here...

No comments:

Post a Comment