Thursday, May 31, 2012

Enjoying Working Out

Last week I posted about knowing when to keep going and when to stop.  Today, I want to build on that. No, I did not have another long run where I stopped before I collapsed.  Instead, I've come across an article on LiveStrong.com that really hit home with me.

In the article you can find here, the author talks about how the right type of workout is the one that you want to do.  They're the workouts you enjoy doing and aren't forcing yourself to begin and finish.

Thinking back to where I am and where I have been, I've been lucky enough to enjoy sports and workouts that I've enjoyed.  Yes, I've had coaches and workouts I might not have agreed with, but I enjoyed the sports overall.  I could tell the difference between those days I was forcing myself through practice and those days I was thoroughly enjoying it.  The pattern continues today, except with running on my own instead of swimming with a team.  The feelings are all still the same.

Of course I've also always done sports I enjoy and I have no plans on trying various sports and workouts I have absolutely no interest in ever doing.  I'm not going to waste my time nor my money on them.




No comments:

Post a Comment