Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Feeling Guilty

I know I should have had another run by now... even just a 2 miler... but I just haven't been able to muster the energy to get out there and run.  I'm really starting to feel guilty about it too.  Luckily tomorrow is my Saturday so I'll be getting a run in, not sure how far.  This is my recovery week so I won't be going too far in one run, but I'm getting restless.

It's one of the worst feelings, I think, for an athlete.  You want to workout, you want to get a good practice in, but you just don't have any injury.  For me, I think of everything that the run could be benefiting, but that still doesn't help.  I'm not being completely lazy, I do get a few 20 minute circuits in, but I tend to collapse or take a late afternoon nap pretty soon after.

This is one of the downsides of having a job that keeps me outside and in the humidity.  Yet, that's also something that comforts me.  I'm not getting tired after a day of sitting at the computer.  No, I'm getting tired after an 8 hour work day where I'm walk and being pretty active in the heat.  That's also a fact that has me denying the truth that we're just barely getting into summer and the heat and humidity is about to get a lot worse (even though I can't fathom how...).

Hopefully I'll have a run report for you all tomorrow morning... and hopefully it will be a good one.

No comments:

Post a Comment