Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Marathon Preparation- LiveStrong Article

The Disney World Marathon is in just over 8 months... I feel like it should be farther away, but it's really not.  Luckily, I'm not waiting around for last minute training like I have in the past with some of the Half Marathons.

No, instead I'm diving into this goal head first.  

One of the things I have done (under recommendation from my father) is join LiveStrong.com.  Yes, this is the site that is connected with Lance Armstrong, which is one of the reasons my cycling enthusiast father likes it.  Livestrong has some FREE tools to manage weight, help train, and (if needed) help quite smoking or get support for cancer.

I have signed up to mostly maintain my weight, as I'm down to a weight that I'm happy with.  I've also listed my goal as Train For An Event, Run A Marathon.  This allows the site to help focus articles to those that will help me in my training.  Now, I have not read through everything, but I'm off to a good start.  I read this article about training for a Half Marathon and it definitely got me thinking about what I need to do to train for the Half Marathon.  There are some great tips hidden within the article that I'll definitely be using in my training.

No comments:

Post a Comment