Friday, July 6, 2012

Back To The Heat

Arriving in Florida, I was greeted by the heat and humidity that's lacking in California.  Apparently it had been getting hotter and more humid the week I was gone, and considering we're only in the middle of the summer, it's not looking like it will get any better.

I was planning a 5 mile run yesterday, but a time limitation stopped me from getting that far and then the heat made me pull back to 3 miles, but the run still felt pretty good.  I was definitely sweating a lot more from the heat, but it was my fault because while I had set my alarm for an early run, it took me quite a bit to actually get moving, a lesson I won't be forgetting anytime soon.

The only sad part about the heat is that I'm not able to wear my new long sleeved running shirt.  Luckily, I did get a few other goodies when I was home and near a running store I had gone to for a while.  I got fitted for new shoes (I'm not in high arch support and stability shoes).  It was interesting getting fitted again because they went over pressure points, how my feet landed while I ran, and even what my Achilles tendon looks like (it visibly bends as each foot lands).  So now on at least one run a week I'll be running in the new shoes to get them broken in before my current shoes die.  It's always fun to get new running gear... it's like getting new toys!

No comments:

Post a Comment