Thursday, July 21, 2011

Running Faster

Today was yet another day on the treadmill.  I know I really need to get back on the road soon, but I am nervous since there are no sidewalks and in all honesty, I don't really trust the drivers around Orlando.  There's one route I'm thinking about running and I might do it pretty early in the morning when there aren't too many cars out.  But for now... I'm still on the treadmill.

While running on the treadmill is a test in mental endurance, there are some positives to the treadmill.  I ran 4 miles today with an average pace of 9 minutes 38 seconds.  Considering when I ran on the road I was running a pace just less than 10 minutes 30 seconds, this is pretty significant for me.  Yes I know I probably won't run this pace exactly when I run back out on the road and I definitely won't run that fast for all 13 miles, but it's still quite an accomplishment.

Who knows... at some point I might get back down to running about 9'15?  Or maybe less?  I think that's still a ways off, but it could be a nice goal for after the Disneyland Half Marathon...

No comments:

Post a Comment