Monday, July 18, 2011

100 Miles

So not only have I run twice this week in a row, but I also hit the 100 mile mark with Nike+.

Ok, I actually hit the 100 mile mark yesterday, so after today's run I'm over that 100 mile mark.  Plus there are those walks and extra miles that weren't logged in my Nike+ account.  It still evokes a sense of pride when those numbers roll over into triply digits.  It's probably like watching your car's mileage roll over into those magical miles (or electronically turn these days).

Just because I hit 100 miles doesn't mean it's time for me to stop.  I have less than 6 weeks till the Disneyland Half and still, my training really isn't where I want it to be.  It's more of the distance aspect because I've been running faster and I'm in better shape thanks to running, walking a lot for work, and then doing all of the Jillian Michaels' circuits.

Speaking of Jillian Michaels... I moved up to Week 2 (out of 4) on the 30 day shred and I think today is going to be a rest day.  She definitely turns the work out up a notch and I'm already starting to get sore.

Still... it feels good to get a run in and circuit... It makes me want to get things done!  Which is exactly what I'm going to do today... or at least until my energy runs out and I decide to watch a movie...

No comments:

Post a Comment