Saturday, February 2, 2013

Double Dared by Dumbo


It's been a few weeks since this actually happened, but there was the whole marathon thingy going on and a new job.  Luckily now I have some time where I get to share some exciting news.

Right before the marathon I was able to pre-register for the Dumbo's Double Dare Challenge during the Disneyland Half Marathon weekend.  It ended up being a good thing considering the challenge and the rest of the weekend sold out within hours of opening.



If you haven't already heard, the Dumbo's Double Dare Challenge is the new 10k race on Saturday followed by the half marathon on Sunday.  Pretty much, it's Disneyland's version of the Goofy Challenge.

Considering 6-7 miles is a pretty average long run for me during training, I'm not too worried about putting these two runs back to back.  Heck, I'm not even scared of the Princess Half which is getting closer and closer.  I'm already gaining the mileage back on a pretty steady basis, which will be good considering I have to average 12 miles a week this year and I'm behind somewhere between 3-5 miles already.

Dumbo might not be one of my favorite characters, but I'm excited to take on his challenge!

No comments:

Post a Comment