Monday, February 4, 2013

Double Workout!

Growing up a competitive swimmer, doing double practices was something you started doing pretty early on.  One practice before the sun broke the horizon and one where you watched the sun set.  I really haven't done too many double workouts since graduating college (the biggest one was the Wine & Dine Half that I made into a 20 miler), but today I made myself do one.

I had told myself that I was going to run at least 5 miles this morning.  In all actuality, my first mile felt pretty good and I thought it wasn't going to be bad.  Well, then the Mike's Hard Lemonades, chips, and other Super Bowl goodies my roommate and I partook in caught up with me and didn't let me get that much farther.  So yes, I stopped at 2.5 miles.


But I had told myself 5 miles today... and I wasn't going to let myself get by with half of that.  So I rested, hydrated, and got ready to head back out this afternoon.  I actually ran another 3.05 miles this afternoon, giving me a totally of 5.55 miles! So technically I did less, but more... ya I just like to be weird like that.

No comments:

Post a Comment