Sunday, January 27, 2013

Back To Training

It was nice to get a week or so break in after the marathon, but my break wasn't going to last forever.  Especially with the Princess Half Marathon only a month or so away, I had to get back into running.

My knees were still tight and sore, but I'm beginning to think that my knees will ever be completely ok. With the help of some Aleve and Icy Hot, things are looking ok.  I'm not too worried about the Princess Half in all honesty.  I've never had the best race at Princess because I've either been nursing an injury (my ankle 2 years ago) or running with a friend and making sure she finished.  So I guess I should technically run this with something hurting since I'm not running with someone...

This year I've made a goal for myself to run over 600 miles, which is an average of 12 miles a week.  Even with a week and a half off, I'm only off right now by just under 4 miles.  I thought it was going to be a lot worse, but of course that marathon is technically worth more than two weeks.  Either way, not as far off my goal as I could be.

So now the count down is on till Princess.  Then maybe I'll give myself a bit more of a break before picking up the training again.  If anything, running the marathon has given my confidence in running quite the boost... one that I didn't realize I needed, but I'm definitely not complaining now.

No comments:

Post a Comment