Wednesday, April 25, 2012

It's Going To Be A Lazy Day...

It definitely didn't start as a lazy day, but the rest of it will be.  It's kind of sad I'm saying that and it's not even 10 AM yet!


I was able to get up and get out for a run just as the sun was coming up.  Florida's been pretty cool the last few days and I was completely ready to take advantage of it.  I got up without a goal in mind, tied my shoes, decided on the general route I wanted to take, and started to run.  I was out there for 1 hour 10 minutes and was able to run just over 7 miles.  My pace is definitely coming back, which I'm excited about, and when I do walk, I'm walking sub 16 minute miles.

I found myself getting into my running the farther I went.  My miles 3.5-6.5 were the best.  I just felt good and walked some, but not too much.  Eventually my calves started to get tighter and tighter.  They didn't stop me from running, but I didn't want to push them too far so I ended at 7 miles.

Here's the funniest thing though, my ankles actually hurt more when I'm walking normally than when I run.  Isn't that crazy? Running actually makes me feel better!

So now that my run is over, it's time for me to relax and enjoy my TWO days off!  Yes, that's right, after working 6-7 days a week for the last month and a half, I finally get two full days off!  I plan on taking advantage of them as well, and by that I mean relaxing and not worrying about anything...


No comments:

Post a Comment