Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Stuck To A Plan

A few days ago I posted about planning runs vs not planning runs (or just ignoring the plans you've made).  I wasn't sure if I was going to keep to my plan today, but I ended up sticking to it pretty well.

I didn't do the course I had been thinking about, instead I looped through a few neighborhoods close to me and a few nice paths around some ponds (no alligators today).

My other goal for today- run 5 miles.

At first I wasn't sure if I was going to run those 5 miles because I really wasn't feeling that great.  However, I gave myself a few walking breaks and I ended up getting in 5.1 miles.  Pretty decent considering how I felt.



While I was running, I thought back to the last week and tried to think about why I wasn't feeling so great.  It's a sad truth, but I had started drinking more soda again instead of water and sports drinks.  So my weekly goal for next week is to get back on track with drinking more water and less soda.  Pretty easy goal and the great thing about easy goals, is that they're easy to make and keep.

No comments:

Post a Comment