Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Back Into Training

My recovery week is over and it's time to get back out there and continue training.  This time it's for the Tower of Terror 10 Miler and the Food and Wine Half Marathon.  Both are at the end of summer, but knowing how busy work is going to get, how hot and humid Florida will be, and just my trends of laziness... it doesn't hurt to start training now.

I did run 2 miles 2 days after the race, but that was more to get everything moving and loose.  Today was a bit different.  I got a wonderful 5 mile run in before it started warming up.  Last week was hot in Florida, we've already reached 90 degrees on some days!  Today only has a high in the mid to high 70s but like I've said before... I'm a morning runner.

The run felt good and I was pleased with my speed.  The first half of my run was below the 9:30 pace mark and the second half of my run was right around 10 min, but that also included some walking.  Overall, I was happy with myself and the run.

No comments:

Post a Comment