Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Running Faster, Running Farther

I took most of the last week off from exercising because my mom had come to visit me and help set up my new house.  I was pretty much working 8 hours, and then spending the rest of the day with her.  To say I was exhausted would be an understatement.  However, it was a great weekend with my mom so even though I was really tired I was having fun.

Still, the busy weekend forced me to take a few days off from running and working out.  Today is my day off of work and while I plan on being lazy as much as possible, I still wanted to get some workouts in.  This morning I stepped outside as the sun was just starting to break the horizon and planned on a nice relaxing 5 mile run.  It didn't end that way...

It was just one of those days I felt better than planned and decided to take full advantage of that wonderful feeling.  I started with my normal route, took my normal breaks, but when I would have started to head home, I kept going.  I ended up running 7.03 miles.  I did have 3 breaks, but even those walking breaks were faster than in the past (sub 16 min pace).

Overall, I'm ecstatic about today's run and I'm happy I took full advantage of my time off.  Depending on how I feel this afternoon, I might do a quick Jillian Michael's workout and then relax this evening with a nice bubble bath.  I love my days off from work...


1 comment:

  1. Hopeful heart! Seriously, I love your post. My advice is to keep on going. Have you tried Hill training? It helps you run faster and further. Give it a try:)

    -marathon training program

    ReplyDelete