Saturday, August 20, 2011

Bad Runner...

So I woke up early enough to go for a run today but it seems my training slump is continuing. It picked a perfect time to appear too, didn't it?  Right before the race.  I will drag my ass out of bed tomorrow to get a run in before work and depending on how I'm feeling I might do something that evening or Monday evening... we'll see when the time comes.

My workout today will be taking place at Disney's Hollywood Studios.  I'm heading over there in a bit with my roommate and one of her friends.  Now, unfortunately DHS doesn't offer that great of a workout except for running the "Avoid The Children Obstacle Course" as I like to call it and just all the simple walking you do throughout the day.

You can get your heart rate up during the awesome Lights Motors Action show, or walk around props as you get ready for the Backlots Tour.  You could even get a bit competitive during Toy Story Mania (which I always do... that's where my competitiveness really shows).  You can get your blood pumping at Rock'N'Roller Coaster or Tower of Terror, but there isn't too much of a workout in DHS.  Then again, I'm pretty sure making sure people get a workout was not Disney's concern when they created any of the parks.

So I am just going to enjoy myself, hunt down some characters, and just have fun.  I'm going to make an effort to eat healthy while we're there, but that might depend on where we eat, if we even eat at the park. No snacking though... I'm bringing a Fiber One bar for that...

No comments:

Post a Comment