Sunday, January 1, 2017

New Year New Run

When I look back on it, 2016 did seem to go pretty quickly.  Luckily I have a lot of plans, hopes, and goals for 2017 and I'm eager to start them.

I was able to get out for a 5k this morning.  I was hoping for a longer run, but my knee was sore just walking around and I could feel some tightness in my legs.  Luckily Nike+ had this Sunday 5k national run thing happening so I decided to just go for that.  It was definitely a bit rough, and slower than yesterday, but I did it and I'm not feeling too bad afterwards.  I am planning on some yoga and stretching during the week to help prep myself for the race this weekend.

Of course with the new year, people often decide on a handful of resolutions.  I'm not planning to do that this year.  I'm instead planning on just enjoying the year, enjoying running and training, and enjoying being me.  Could I lose a few pounds?  Of course, but I'm not going to make it a goal or anything.  I need to continue accepting who I am and being proud of myself.  Recently a friend was talking about body shapes and mentioned how I had trained my body to be what it is today.  I need to be proud of my swimming shoulders and the curves that I do have.  I need to be proud of how strong I am and what my body can accomplish, even when my mind or heart is questioning it.  So this year, I am just going to continue to love myself....

Things I am looking forward to in 2017- More runDisney races of course, more adventures around Florida, finishing my masters degree (July 15th!), and possibly a trip to Ireland or Hawaii (still being decided...).  There's so much to continue looking forward to and I can't wait for what this year holds!


No comments:

Post a Comment