Saturday, December 31, 2016

2016 Running In Review

In just a few hours it will be 2017, a new year and one more year closer to the Dopey Challenge.  The last year was my return to running events.  I was getting healthier and getting more medals again.  I signed up for a challenge as my first race back, and signed up for two more races at the beginning of this new year.

Overall, 2016 has been an interesting year when it comes to running.  I have been able to get back into it, my knees and body have held up, and I was able to complete a challenge again.  The beginning of the year I was able to train like I wanted, but when summer hit I definitely hit some road blocks.  I forgot how hard it is to train in humidity.  Luckily I found my way back into the gym where I continued to train on ellipticals and treadmills.

I had a few instances of illness that held me back as well, but overall I was able to fight through and make it to my goal of running the Wine and Dine Half Marathon and Remy's 10k.  I ran them even faster than I thought I would as well, beating my own expectations.

I was also able to inspire my roommate to start running and sign up for her own race.  In just a week she will be completing her first half marathon during the Walt Disney World marathon weekend.  I'm excited to share this with her and hopefully she will sign up for more races with me.  I had another friend decide to start training for a half marathon, but she was inspired by her boyfriend.  Luckily, that means we're getting the opportunity to run together in 2018... but that's for next year and the year after.

I'm excited for what 2017 has to offer.  So far, 1 more half marathon, 2 more challenges, and probably a handful of 5ks... before I know it 2018 will be here and so will the Dopey Challenge!


No comments:

Post a Comment