Saturday, December 31, 2016

Christmas Week Workouts Part 2

The holidays are coming to an end tomorrow and training has been pretty good.  I didn't get a ton of runs in, but I found other ways to workout.  I really enjoy pairing holidays with workouts.  Maybe it came from my years on a club swim team where we had special workouts for the holidays (like 100x 100s on New Years Day).  I was able to get a run in on Christmas Eve that felt ok, not the best, but ok.  I missed Christmas Day because I had work, and my parents were leaving so we did a very early Christmas celebration and breakfast before returning to our normal lives.

The last week has passed in what seems like a blur.  I found a new workout program, SWORKIT, which I am really enjoying and I was able to drop all of my Christmas vacation weight even while we had a ton of junk food in the office.  The week has felt good, I've felt good.

This morning I hit the streets again and I was able to get 4 miles in.  I wanted to go longer, but it was pretty cold for Florida (it was our one day of winter), and I didn't use my inhaler so my lungs weren't the happiest.  Still I was really encouraged with how good I was feeling!  Especially since I have the Walt Disney World Half Marathon next Saturday... 1 week away.  I haven't had any decent long runs in since the Wine and Dine Half Marathon, but if I'm still feeling as good as I am now then I'll be fine.  The end might be rough, but I'll get there!

No comments:

Post a Comment