Thursday, June 14, 2012

When Life Gets In The Way

So I was completely ready to get back into running and then life got in the way again.  I was starting to get runs in, was getting a few circuits in, and then Wham! I got whatever is going around.  Ya, that stomach bug.  Luckily, it wasn't the worst flu in the world for me, but it still made life uncomfortable for a good few days.

The good news is that I'm finally getting over this bug and I'm anxious to run again.  Now, I am being a bit safe and making sure I'm completely over the bug before I do anything too crazy.  I have my friend's wedding and my first real vacation back to California since I moved just about a year ago.  I want to be healthy for the fun and craziness that is about to happen.

While I'm taking it "easy", I have gotten a few new toys.  I got a new physio ball, as I didn't bring my original one to Florida when I moved, an ab wheel, and a jump rope.  Everything I got was from Gold's Gym (apparently they have a commercial line now?) and the jump rope and physio ball are weighted so they should be fun to play with.

I used my new toys today and I was definitely feeling my light workout.  The physio ball was ok, but it's smaller than my original one so I'm debating on how I really like it.  I do like the stability of the ball, but of course balancing on my old one was also a part of the workout.  I was definitely feeling my jumping jacks since the rope is just slightly weighted.  My arms and legs were burning when I finished each set of 100.  Then there's the ab wheel which used to be one of the torture devices my coach loved to use.  It gives you a great workout, it's just a hard one.
Tomorrow I'm going to try and run, just a few miles, but I'm anxious to get out there again.  So life might have gotten in the way for a little while, but I'll eventually get it to balance out again.

No comments:

Post a Comment