Friday, June 15, 2012

On The Road Again

I was able to get back outside and run again today.  I didn't feel 100%, but I really wasn't expecting too.  I could still feel the fatigue and dehydration that I've been fighting since my flu, but it is getting better, and that's what I'm excited about.  Maybe now I can finally get back into a routine and get some work done!

While today's run was a short one (only 2.45 miles), it was also a hot run.  The sun was already coming up and I definitely felt it.  It's going to get harder and harder to beat the sunrise during the summer, or even wait till sunset since it sets so late in the evening.  It's looking like I might have to wake up early and get in the miles I can and then wait for cooler temperatures before really getting serious about my long runs for the marathon training (I still think I'm crazy for signing up for a marathon).

I don't know if it's summer or old habits trying to re-emerge, but after my runs I've been craving a smoothie, particularly a Jamba Juice.  Those who have gone to Jamba, I'm sure you understand how amazing they are after a workout or on a hot day.  I cannot tell you how often I went growing up and now I don't have any.  Funny enough, they don't have any in Florida, or at least close to Orlando.  Of course, I think this sucks because I'm severely missing them.  Fortunately, I'm already planning at least 1 trip to a Jamba while I'm home in a few weeks.  Still... I wish I could get my Matcha Green Tea Blast, or a Strawberry's Wild, or if I feel like indulging a Chocolate Covered Strawberry (it's on their secret menu...).


No comments:

Post a Comment