Tuesday, September 20, 2016

An Unexpected Training Goal Completed

Originally I was hoping to get a long run in this weekend that would be about 5-6 miles.  However, this week got hot again and even the mornings were pretty humid.  If I didn't wake up before the sun, then the run was probably not happening, at least outside.  And of course my body decided it liked sleeping in until after the sun was up.

I spent most of my workouts in the gym, but I was definitely feeling stronger.  I was able to go farther on the elliptical and I felt really good on the treadmill.  My knee had a few issues towards the end of the workouts, but overall I felt really good.  That helped my running self-esteem for sure.

Now three days of running on machines is good, but not really that surprising for me.  The unexpected training goal was that I ran today as well, making me run 4 times in 5 days.  I did take a break one day for sleep and yoga.  I was pretty sore from pushing it on the machines (I make sure the settings aren't easy and there's still a challenge) and decided a day of stretching would be beneficial.  It paid off and this morning I felt fantastic.

The weather was gorgeous, humidity was low, and I felt great.  My legs didn't fatigue until towards the end of my 3.5 mile run and I knew I could have pushed it farther if I had been given enough time.  Unfortunately work cut into that.  I have felt good all day as well, no soreness from the run.  Maybe my endurance and strength are coming back?  I'll only know in the coming weeks.

I'm just excited I was able to get so much cardio in so close to each other.  My legs will hate me now, but they will thank me later.  We will see what next week has to bring... and the week after that... and eventually the challenge.

No comments:

Post a Comment