Sunday, September 11, 2016

Getting A Little More Into It

We have had some decent mornings in central Florida, and I was hoping today's would be the same.  It was... sort of.  It was starting to get hot around around 7:00 when I left for my run, but it still wasn't too bad and there was a slight breeze.  I'm just hoping we don't completely fall back into a typical Florida summer weather pattern... I'm so sick of hot mornings.

Last week when I tried to run, 2 miles was a struggle.  I'm happy to report that I was able to hit 4 miles today.  The last mile was also a struggle, but it was double the distance of last week.  No, I will not be double my distance again next week, just adding one or two more miles.  I still have a month and a half to go to try and regain some of my endurance.

I have to say though, I'm so happy about my walking pace.  This year I really focused on keeping my walk below, or right around a 16 minute pace.  That is one thing I have constantly been successful with all summer.  I know that even if I can't finish Lumiere's Challenge by running, I should be far enough ahead, and my walk should be quick enough that I will finish regardless.

I'm still a bit nervous about the race.  I keep thinking it's next week, but I still have more time to get ready.  Of course we also have the Food and Wine festival starting, a family trip during the festival (which means lots of eating), and hopefully nicer weather will get here.  

I just need to keep reminding myself to stay positive, drink more water, eat a bit better, and trust myself.  I will get through this, I will finish my return to runDisney races, and eventually I will conquer all of my running goals!  One step at a time, one mile at a time!

No comments:

Post a Comment