Monday, August 27, 2012

Running In A Hurricane


Ok, well it is still technically a Tropical Storm, but still TS Isaac is attempting to throw my running routine off balance.  Luckily for me, it's my conditioning week (3x 4 mile runs essentially), so I'm not super worried.  If I don't get out and run today, well there's always tomorrow which can fit into my schedule just fine.

I'm tempted to run this afternoon, when things will start to calm down just to say I ran in the storm.  I don't know why, but I've been having fun running in storms this summer.  So far there haven't been any close lightening storms while I've been running, but they're fun to watch and it gets your mind off your distance for a while.

This storm is apparently only bringing us winds that would rival the Santa Ana winds I grew up with (and swam/ran with growing up).  I know I could get some sort of a run in them.  Then you add the rain and I'll consider putting on some of my winter running gear...

I have all day to wait and think about it.  I'm just happy Isaac isn't hitting us during one of my long run weeks or days.  Running 11+ miles in a hurricane, ya I'll avoid that one.

No comments:

Post a Comment