Monday, October 31, 2016

Colds Have The Best Timing

My first runDisney race in a few years is less than a week away and of course I'm fighting a cold.  That is how life works, isn't it?


Luckily I know it is just my sinuses so I don't need to be on hard meds this week.  However, my lungs hurt, my body is tired, but my legs are feeling strong.  It's ironic, my legs feel like they are ready for the races, but the rest of my just wants to curl back up in bed.  This happens almost twice a year, whenever the weather tries to change.  When ever the wind blows, the humidity drops, and Florida's attempt at fall arrives, my sinuses and allergies go nuts.  It's just been a while since I've had to contend with that and a race at the same time. 


I know I won't quit the race though.  The last few days of run/walking have been an overall slower pace, but still significantly under the 16 min pace.  I just have to listen to my body and know when I should be walking and when I should be running.  I have only ever had to drop out of a race, and I never want to experience that again.  I am still regretting dropping out of the race almost 10 years later and I do not need another non-finished race to be added to that list.  I'll get through these races... possibly painfully, but I will get through them!


They have started to put the medic tent and water stop signs up around Disney World which means this happening... and soon!  5 days and I'll be running... 7 days and I will be sore and feeling it, but done with hopefully 3 new medals to add to my collection!

No comments:

Post a Comment