Friday, May 20, 2016

Sprinklers... A Runner's Best Friend

They're always somewhere on the run, waiting for you, and when you find each other it's the best 3 seconds of your run... until you find the next one.  

There was a time when I didn't like running through sprinklers but now I look back at those times and I roll my eyes.  The avoidance was for stupid reasons too, like not getting my shoes wet.  Ya, I definitely don't care about that anymore.

On these hot summer days, I look forward to running next to some sprinklers.  It really is one of the best parts of long, hot runs.  The relief doesn't last long, but luckily I have always liked running in the morning which means there are a lot more sprinklers going.

I do wish I could just sit in some of the sprinklers and cool down in the middle of my run, but I don't really trust myself to get back up and keep going.  I guess a jump in the pool will work at the end of my run...

Here's to sprinklers!  The best little break from the heat a runner can get!




No comments:

Post a Comment