Saturday, May 28, 2016

Running At My Happy Place

It just happens that my happy place tends to also be considered one of the happiest places on Earth.  My family and I spent a few days last week at the Boardwalk resort so I have been waiting anxiously for the chance to get out and run at one of my favorite places.

I love the scenery, the peacefulness, and just the whole environment that is the Epcot Resorts, especially in the morning.  Mainly to avoid the heat, but there were some epic sunrises while I was there and they tended to happen right when I was running.


The other great part of the weekend was that I was able to get out 3 out of the 4 days we were there.  I was planning on doing all 4, but we were out pretty late that last night and I could not get out of bed for the last run.  I'll make up for it in the weeks to come.  Still, the 3 runs felt decent.  My shins and knees weren't the happiest towards the end, but I was also lacking on stretching.  I also splurged on some new shoes that I was breaking in.

I also used the first run as my virtual runDisney 5k.  That run felt the best and I actually rivaled my time from the Busch Gardens 5k that I did last November.  Now I just have to wait patiently for my medal! Of course I had to take a character picture since it was a Disney race...


My running is getting stronger and faster... I just need it to get longer and with summer setting in I think that's going to be getting harder and harder.  Hopefully I have a few more weeks before I'm really sent hiding from the humidity at the gym...



No comments:

Post a Comment