Thursday, March 14, 2013

A Running Vacation

No, I'm not going on a vacation where I just run... that would be interesting, but probably a bit tiring.  Instead, I'm actually taking a vacation from running.  It's something I believe my knees, legs, and feet desperately need this vacation.

The vacation is partially physically required and also required because of work.  I'm at work an average 10 hours a day with 90% of that day standing or walking (quickly).  I tried running before work on day and ended up with throbbing shin splints by the end of the night that nearly had me crying.  I've tried to run after work, but considering I get home typically when it's dark and the fact I'm usually asleep within an hour of arriving home... it doesn't always work out very well.  Plus right now, I'll probably be working everyday through the rest of the month.  If I get 1 or 2 days this month to get a few miles in, I'll be happy.

I'm actually looking forward to a bit of relaxing time, but I'm sure I'll be going stir crazy by the end of the month.  That should just help me stay motivated for a while to keep running...

2 comments:

  1. Hope you get a chance to relax and refresh a bit this month. Love reading your blog! I nominated you for a Liebster Award today, if you have a chance to do it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oops, didn't tell you where...www.diaryofaneverydaygirl.blogspot.ca

    ReplyDelete