Thursday, December 27, 2012

The Hardest Part of the Holidays...

... Is coming back to real life...

I spent my holidays split with my parents at Disney World and at work.  I was able to run a little bit around the Epcot resorts, which is something I always look forward to doing on my parent's visits.  The running was a bit tough because I was still a tad bit sore from the 13 miler last week and my stomach was more than full from all of the wonderful food we were eating.  I swear, I could almost start another blog all about the great food we were eating.

This morning was my return to "real" life and while it's my day off from work, I knew I had to get some kind of run in.  It took my almost an hour to convince myself to get out of bed and out onto the road, but I eventually did... well, after a quick change of clothes because it was a lot colder than expecting.

Todays run felt pretty good and it always seems that my best runs are the runs that I really don't want to do.  I didn't want to run at all before the 13 miler last week and it was a great run... I didn't want to run today, but I felt really good.  Still, I'm trying to relax a bit and then get a few medium runs in before the marathon.  I do have just about 2.5 weeks left!

So now I have a few holiday pounds to loose again, but it should be easier now that I'm cooking for myself again.  I might be dreaming about some of the dishes we had though for a while...

1 comment:

  1. I'm busy putting on my holiday pounds :) (in the UK our "holiday" period is Christmas Eve - New Years, so I am mid-mince pies and turkey leftovers!). Well done for keeping up with your training - the holidays make it harder.

    ReplyDelete