Saturday, December 8, 2012

Year Goals Passed! New Goals Set...

I am proud to say that while I'm extremely frustrated with my training right now, I do have good news to report.  I have multiple long term goals that I'll probably have most of my life, but I also had a few goals that I wanted to meet during 2012.  Well, I'm proud to announce that not only did I hit both my goals and then some!

My two goals for 2012 were:

  • Run 450 Miles (10 miles per week average)
  • Run More Races!

As of today, I've run 522.68 miles!  By the end of the year I plan to be closer to 600 miles, but probably won't surpass it.  During the middle of the year I fell off track, but I chipped away at it every week and so now I'm way ahead of schedule.  Of course, that means I have to up my goal for next year.  So right now I just want to run more than 600 miles in 2013, but I might increase that to 650 or something else.  I'll reassess that towards the end of the year.

I've definitely run more races this year than I have in the past.  While I'll never compete as much as I did in high school when I spent every weekend one summer at swim meets, open water events, and triathlons, I have never run as many running events as I did this year.

While I didn't run the Disneyland Half Marathon, I did add the Tower of Terror 10 mile and Wine and Dine 1/2.  I'm planning on running the Reindeer Run again this year, but since it's a 5k, I don't really count it as a "race".  It will be nice to see how my times compare...  So that means this year I ran 3 races where last year I ran 2.  And next year?  I'm looking at 5!  The year after... 7!  I'm saying this now for my legs sake and my wallet's sake... 7 is my limit.

As for my long term goals... my nutrition has been improving all year although there are definitely days where I'm craving some greasy wonderfulness, but those days are getting farther and farther apart.  I'm cooking a lot more too which is nice.  I've definitely lost weight this year and I've been able to keep most of it off, although it has definitely been a battle.  Again, that's just going to be a life long battle which I'll never be able to let my guard down with.

Looking ahead my goals for 2013:

  • Run a Full Marathon
  • Get a PR for a Half Marathon (Disneyland Half?)
  • Run 600+ miles

If you want to see more goals I've already set for 2014 and beyond you can check out the goal page...

In other news, I ran 3 days straight this weekend.  Only ran just over 11 miles, but I'm pretty happy with them overall.  I might even get 2 or 3 miles in tomorrow morning... who knows...

No comments:

Post a Comment