Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Bad Day? Or Out of Shape?

I wanted to run yesterday, but I took the day off.  I guess I'd say its because I'm still getting used to working all the time and running around the aquarium.  However, I did dive yesterday so I guess that could be considered working out?  I did do abs the day before though.

I did get over to the gym and ran for about 40 minutes this morning.  It was about 3.5 miles and I did add in walking intervals towards the end.  I just wasn't feeling so good towards the end.  I don't know if it was the heat and humidity, dehydration (although I've been drinking more here than I did before I moved), fatigue from working and playing in the parks, or something else.

The biggest reason I hate having bad days is because I start doubting whether or not I can do this or I know how bad it's going to hurt when I do it.  It's those kind of thoughts that I know can tear me down and they usually do keep me from doing the full distance I want to do.

Now, just because I've had a bad day doesn't mean I'm throwing away my registration and quitting the race.  I'm definitely not one of those people.  I'll push through whatever pain attacks during the race.  I also know for every bad workout there's an average workout and a completely awesome workout.  I'm just waiting for those to happen.

I also believe that part of the problem is that I am working and I am trying to workout around my work schedule.  I'm a morning person and I love running by myself with as few people around as possible.  Unfortunately, that makes it hard for me to workout in the afternoon because the gym in my complex is usually full or pretty busy and I just feel like collapsing after work, especially after diving.  I know I have to get over crashing after work, but I have a feeling that could take some time...

Luckily, running isn't my only source of working out.  Tomorrow will be another 30 Day Shred and possibly a yoga workout (although I doubt I'll do the yoga).  I'll also be doing it after work because tomorrow is an early day at work (it's also a long day so we'll see if I have the energy).

No comments:

Post a Comment